Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dream Apartment for UT

I'm excited for the things that are going to be coming up in the next couple months. I can't wait to get my college admissions done with and just be anxious about acceptances.
(Un)Fortunately, one of my teachers is making us apply for scholarships so we have some money in our pocket for the next wallet-exploding months. I found this one scholarship on Vacancy.com and it seems simple/easy enough. Also doing this scholarship has made me thinking about what my living situation next year will actually be like. My house right now seems huge, even though when I was younger it didn't seem big enough! I couldn't get enough privacy and now that my brother is out of the house (for the most part) and my parents are getting older, it seems so quiet and hollow in this house.
I know that many of my friends plan on going to UT and my brother already goes there. UT is definitely on my list, mostly because I know that I'd have friends there or some kind of base there where I don't feel like a nobody or lost all the time. UT is a huge campus and I've seen my brother's dorm; it's like twice the size of my room now with two single beds and two desks. I take that back; it's smaller than my room now. It looks so depressing, almost like a jail sometimes.
But maybe if my parents let me or if I find a job I can live at one of the better dorms or maybe even at this place, Dobie Center. I know some people who live there already and they seem to love it.

And wow, the Dobie apartments look amazing compared to what I’ve seen of the dorms on the UT campus. What’s truly great about Dobie is that it’s right across from campus, walking/biking distance which makes it so convenient to live off campus. I’d actually feel like an adult if I lived there, my own room which can be decorated my own way and choose my own roommate. Plus there is free cable/internet and housekeeping! Housekeeping sounds great because I’m not a very clean person as most people know. Also there are athletic amenities like a pool and volleyball court for when I feel like blowing off some steam or stress from studying. Truly, this place seems more like a hotel than an apartment.

Since it's just off campus, I'll get all the privacy I'll need, hopefully. I can be around school friends or not and I can study in peace!

If I go to UT, I'll definitely be considering this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment